Alga John Ericsson steam engine
An excellent example of Swedish engineering, made by the company Alga, in new unused condition. Comes complete with grinding machine, lathe & transmission attachments.
- Easy to fill water.
- The entire engine can be dismantled and reassembled.
- On top is the steam whistle with lever.
- The big base plate with Meccano fittings serves as a building area for accessories.
- Two handlebars allow a safe transportation even when the engine is warm.
- Drive control lever with two speeds in forward and reverse, including neutral.
- Extra safety. Suction cups keep the machine steadily in place. It prevents it from "walking" due to vibrations.
- Heavy flywheel for a smooth operation.
- For extra safety. Double isolated boiler reduces the risk of getting burn.
- Additional steam and smoke is led into the chimney.
- Extra safety. Safety valve totally eliminates the risk of explosion.
- Extra safety, Fire house has a two-grip mechanism.
- Can only be ejected if security lever is pushed simultaneously.
It is designed to take a single rectangular Esbit tablet. - not included.
Serial number 01516